Why should you recycle your ink cartridges?
- Apr 13, 2016
- Blog, Business, Charities, Retailers, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, Schools
- Business Recycling, Charity, Charity Recycling, Collect+, Competition, Courier Collections, Eco Council, Fundraising, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, School Recycling, Schools
Everybody uses ink and toner cartridges, but not everybody recycles them.
Did you know …
- More than 40 Million Ink Jet Cartridges and dumped each year in the UK alone.
- More than 1.1 Billion Ink Jet Cartridges are used annually around the world. Laid end to end this would be 129 times as long as the Great Wall of China!
- If you dispose of your Printer Cartridges in the bin they will take 1000 years to decompose.
- Industry analysts estimate an empty ink cartridge can be reused or remanuactured up to 7 times and every cartridge remanufactured is one less item going directly to the landfill.
- Laser printer cartridges (Toners) account for over 90% of all throw-away cartridges.
- A Toner laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose.
We can recycle most branded and compatible/remanufactured ink cartridges and most branded original toner cartridges. (Unfortunately we are unable to recycle any compatible or remanufactured toner cartridges) You can sign up using the below forms:
Business (For your own chosen charity / local school) – https://www.emptiesplease.com/business-sign-up-form/
Business (For our nominated charity) – https://www.emptiesplease.com/roy-castle-lung-cancer-foundation-sign-up-form/
If you would like any other information, please let us know, give us a call 0844 879 7179 or drop us an email on email@example.com