Empties Please Admin Office Opening Times 2022 – We are open Monday to Thursday 9.15am – 2.45pm, closed on a Friday and Bank Holidays. Our staff are ‘WFH’ so please email your queries and questions to – email@example.com
Enter our competition – A Day Trip for 2 on The Northern Belle, next draw February 2023, Email your name to – firstname.lastname@example.org to enter! Good luck
Would you like to recycle with Empties Please? There are ‘2’ ways you can help to keep cartridges out of landfill – See details for both our schemes below and pick which one is best for you …
1 – Our printer cartridge ‘RECYCLE BIN’ collection scheme for ink and toner
- Complete the relevant application form on our website, by clicking either the schools, business or charity pages above
- We’ll send you a welcome pack by email with posters to display, letters to print and everything else you need to know about our scheme
- We’ll send you a set of recycle bins and our special recycle bags if you are a school
- You promote your Empties Please recycling scheme via social media, newsletters, email and your website
- Collect cartridges in your recycle bin
- When your bin is full, contact us to arrange a free return
- We process your cartridges in our warehouse
- We pay a school, charity or good cause for the cartridges we can recycle!
Our scheme is so simple and completely free to run. We supply everything you’ll need to make it a great success! All you need to do is promote it through the channels advised and you’ll be raising money in no time!
For more information on the correct scheme for you, click either the schools, businesses, charities or Roy Castle tab at the top of our homepage.
2 – Our ‘FREEPOST ENVELOPE’ ink cartridge returns service
If you do not use enough ink cartridges to warrant having one of our recycle bins but would still like to recycle the cartridges you use, we can send you some of our FREEPOST recycle bags.
All you need to do is complete this form – https://www.emptiesplease.com/bag-requests/ to order some.
Our postal recycle bags are designed for ‘INK’ cartridges only and you can fit quite a few in them! Unfortunately we are unable to accept toner cartridges through the post. If you would like to recycle toners with us but do not need a recycle bin please contact us directly and we’ll discuss your needs.
Please refer to the lists below to see what we can and can’t recycle at Empties Please.
** Unfortunately we are unable to make payments to charity for cartridges returned by post **
What we CAN and CAN’T recycle at Empties Please …
- We can now recycle ‘ANY ORIGINAL HP’ branded toner
- We can now recycle ‘ANY ORIGINAL SAMSUNG’ branded toner
We also accept some ‘ORIGINAL BRANDED’ toners from Manufacturers Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, Kyocera, Lexmark, OKI, Xerox and Ricoh. To see if we can accept your original branded toner, they must be on our ‘Toners Accepted for recycling’ list.
PLEASE NOTE! Unfortunately we are UNABLE to recycle –
- Ink tanks of any brand (individual colour cartridges)
- Compatible or remanufactured toner cartridges (Non branded cheaper alternatives to branded toners)
- Waste toner powder containers / boxes / bottles (Click below to view some examples)
- Drums and imaging units
WEEE Recycling / WEEE Directive 2016
If your cartridge is not on our price list, unfortunately we are unable to accept them at Empties Please, but you will still be able to recycle them;
Please visit your manufacturer’s website or contact your supplier for more information on recycling your cartridges through WEEE recycling. Inks and toners are now covered by the ‘WEEE’ directive and manufacturers / retailers have a legal responsibility to provide a return service for inks and toners that they have sold to ensure that they don’t go into landfill.
(Payments for returned recycle bins will be made for values of £5 and over. Any bins returned with a value of less than £5 will have the amount added to their account and paid once the balance has exceeded £5)
Empties Please can be ran as your ‘WASTE’ project with Eco-Schools!
You can now run your Empties Please recycling scheme as your ‘Waste’ project with Eco-schools!
For more information on Eco-schools, their award scheme and the 10 topics you can choose from click this link – http://eco-schools.org.uk/
To sign up for our school scheme click on the ‘Schools’ tab at the top of our Homepage