Our Charity Recycling Scheme
- Would you like to do your bit for the environment?
- Would you like to raise money for charity?
- Did you know that cartridges thrown away take 1000 years to decompose.
- More than 40 million cartridges are dumped each year in the UK
- At ‘Empties Please’ we buy your used cartridges, recycle them and then donate the money raised to charity!
- Call us on 0844 879 7179
Our aim is to help Charities raise funds and to become greener in the process. We will collect your used ink cartridges and donate the money raised straight back to you.
What we pay for your INK cartridges…
On 1st June 2016, In-line with current market values, we are introducing a variable price list for empty ink cartridges returned. Some values have increased above the £1 previously offered, and some have decreased.
Unfortunately due to the age of certain cartridges we are no longer able to offer any money for them.
If your cartridge is not on our pricelist, unfortunately we are unable to accept them. (Please visit your manufacturer’s website for more information on recycling these cartridges or contact your retailer – Inks and toners are now covered by the WEEE directive and retailers have a responsibility to provide a collection service for inks and toners that they have sold.)
We can now recycle ‘ANY ORIGINAL HP’ branded toner from 4th May 2017.
We also accept some ‘ORIGINAL BRANDED’ toners from Manufacturers Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, Kyocera, Lexmark, OKI, Samung and Xerox. To see if we can accept your original branded toner, they must be on our ‘Toners Accepted for recycling’ list. Unfortunately we are unable to recycle ANY compatible or remanufactured Toner Cartridges. (Please contact your local council to see how you should dispose of these cartridges)
We pay 50p per branded toner we can recycle.
(Payments for returned recycle bins will be made for values of £5 and over, any bins returned with a value of less than £5 will have the amount added to their account and paid once a single bin return has exceeded £5 in total)
To view our current pricelist and accepted Ink Cartridge list > Click here
To view our current ‘Toners Accepted for Recycling List’ > Click here
Our scheme is really simple and easy to follow…
- We supply you with a recycle bin and charity starter pack
- There are posters to display in and around your charity and offices
- Once your bin is full contact ‘Empties Please’ to collect it free of charge and drop off a new recycle bin
- We process the cartridges at our warehouse
- We send you a certificate and make the payment directly to your good cause
There is no cost involved for you, all we require is the box clearly displayed in your reception / shop / office area. We will do the rest for you, it is so easy.
If a business or associate of your charity would like to display a bin on your behalf we can supply a pack for them to do so. This is a great way of boosting the money raised. You could also ask local businesses to display a bin for you. Do you have a local shop or bank that could help you?
Recent Charity Articles
Over £18,000 donated to good causes!
We at The Salvation Army (Church) at Clevedon very much appreciate the service we have been experiencing with Empties Please.